0 Shouts - 19,281 Scrobbles
Narayan Gopal Guruwacharya (October 4, 1939 - December 5, 1990) is by the most prominent and popular singer in Nepali music. For most people, he is the first singer to come to mind when asked about Nepali musicians. Not only was he gifted with a great voice, he was also an accomplished music composer in his own right. His versatile voice range allowed him to sing songs of every genre. His songs are often orchestrated with the sitar, harmonium and the flute. Some of his most popular songs include "Euta Manche Ko Maya le Kati, "Jhareko Paat Jhai", "Yo Samjhine Man Cha", and "Saawan ko jhari bani".Read More...
He has sung over 500 songs, including in films, ballets and drama. It is said that he was very selective about which songs he sang. In recognition of his contribution in the field of Nepali music, he has received several national honours and awards; Trishakti Patta, Chinnalata Puraskar to name a few.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Kehi mitho batagara - 159 plays
- Kehi Mitho Baat Gara - 565 plays
- Siri Ma Siri - 155 plays
- Yo Samjhine Maan Chha - 137 plays
- Malai Nasodha - 407 plays
- E Kanchha Thattaima - 161 plays
- Yeuta manchheko - 121 plays
- Biratako Chino - 122 plays
- Mohani Laglahai - 119 plays
- Malai Chhodi Mero Chhaya - 166 plays