948 Shouts - 18,998,042 Scrobbles
Nada Surf is an American alternative rock group formed in 1992. The New York band consists of Matthew Caws (guitar, vocals), Ira Elliot (drums, vocals) and Daniel Lorca (bass, vocals). The band is best known for the song "Popular" from their 1996 album High/Low. The song reached #11 on the US Billboard Modern Rock Tracks chart and propelled the album to #63 on the Billboard 200. Each of the verses in "Popular" are extracted from the 1964 guide "Penny's Guide to Teen-Age Charm and Popularity" by former teen television actress Gloria Winters - and is sarcastically spoken - initially in a calm...
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Popular - (3:47) - 33,001 plays
- Always Love - (3:18) - 31,260 plays
- Inside of Love - (4:58) - 21,272 plays
- Blonde on Blonde - (4:34) - 14,611 plays
- If You Leave - (4:51) - 9,514 plays
- Blankest Year - (2:11) - 10,254 plays
- See These Bones - (5:10) - 8,975 plays
- Enjoy the Silence - (3:21) - 6,740 plays
- Weightless - (3:32) - 6,293 plays
- Blizzard of '77 - (2:09) - 6,851 plays