946 Shouts - 18,780,729 Scrobbles
Nada Surf is an American alternative rock group formed in 1992. The New York band consists of Matthew Caws (guitar, vocals), Ira Elliot (drums, vocals) and Daniel Lorca (bass, vocals). The band is best known for the song "Popular" from their 1996 album High/Low. The song reached #11 on the US Billboard Modern Rock Tracks chart and propelled the album to #63 on the Billboard 200. Each of the verses in "Popular" are extracted from the 1964 guide "Penny's Guide to Teen-Age Charm and Popularity" by former teen television actress Gloria Winters - and is sarcastically spoken - initially in a calm...
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Popular - (3:47) - 30,483 plays
- Always Love - (3:18) - 33,262 plays
- Inside of Love - (4:58) - 20,662 plays
- Blonde on Blonde - (4:34) - 16,097 plays
- If You Leave - (4:51) - 10,814 plays
- Blankest Year - (2:11) - 10,844 plays
- See These Bones - (5:10) - 10,521 plays
- Weightless - (3:32) - 7,355 plays
- Blizzard of '77 - (2:09) - 7,714 plays
- Happy Kid - (4:10) - 7,180 plays