0 Shouts - 219,542 Scrobbles
The NESkimos are an independent, progressive video game music cover band from St. Augustine, Florida. They are known for their songs based off of video game music, as well as covers of songs from popular television shows and movies. They've gained notoriety in the video game music scene as one of the few bands that, rather than try and recreate songs note-for-note (such as The Minibosses), opt to artistically explore and expand upon the songs they cover, via creating additional parts (such as their cover of Grape Garden from Kirby's Adventure) or creating lyrics (such as their cover of Norfair from Metroid). The NESkimos have gained a very fierce, loyal following on their web forums (fans refer to themselves as NESkimites), and they allow fans to download all their music, for free, from their website. They perform in clubs throughout the Southeast United States, and have made appearances at MAGfest and PAX (Penny Arcade Expo). In 2004, they were featured on MTV's Best Videogames Of All Time countdown, where they discussed the impact that The Legend Of Zelda series has had on videogaming's evolution.Read More...
Unfortunately, the NESkimos are plagued by the fact that many of their songs are on peer-to-peer networks, incorrectly tagged as being recorded by The Minibosses.
The band members prefer not to go by their real names, and instead have adopted internet personae based on videogame icons.
* Dr. Wily - lead guitar, vocals
* Belmont - bass guitar
* Johntendo as The Passion - guitar
* Mario - drums
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Double Dragon - 4,114 plays
- Zelda Dungeon - 3,667 plays
- Contra - Code - 3,695 plays
- Mario - 4,042 plays
- Super Mario Bros. - 2,878 plays
- Ninja Gaiden - Duel and Revenge - 2,984 plays
- Star Wars - Cantina of Fear - 3,918 plays
- Double Dragon 2 - Cutscene - 2,919 plays
- Double Dragon 2 - Boss - 2,774 plays
- Metroid: Norfair Tenement Blues - 3,314 plays