899 Shouts - 7,591,093 Scrobbles
N.W.A (abbreviation for Niggaz Wit Attitudes) was an American hip hop group from Compton, California, United States widely considered one of the seminal acts of the gangsta rap sub-genre, sometimes credited as the most important group in the history of hip hop. Active from 1986 to 1991, the rap group endured controversy due to the explicit nature of their lyrics, and was subsequently banned from many mainstream U.S. radio stations. In spite of this, the group has sold over 10 million CD units in the U.S. alone.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsYou are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge
(Verse 1: Ice Cube)
Straight outta Compton, crazy motherfucker named Ice Cube
From the gang called Niggaz With Attitudes
When I'm called off, I got a sawed off
- LyricsExpress yourself
You don't ever need help
From nobody else
All you got to do now
- LyricsRight about now NWA court is in full effect.
Judge Dre presiding in the case of NWA versus the police department.
Prosecuting attourneys are MC Ren Ice Cube and Eazy muthafuckin E.
Order order order. Ice Cube take the muthafuckin stand.
Do you swear to tell the truth the whole truth
- LyricsHere's a little somethin' bout a nigga like me
Never shoulda been let out the penitentiary
Ice Cube would like ta say
That I'm a crazy mutha fucka from around the way
Since I was a youth, I smoked weed out
- LyricsRen is the villain and you're just a hostage
So whenever I'm steppin cover your head like an ostrich
Groupies been waitin for this, suckers been hatin for this
You know why? Cos so many are relatin to this
Jealous is how they're feelin intentionally
- I Ain't tha 1 - (4:53) - 5,881 plays
- Parental Discretion Iz Advised - (5:14) - 5,229 plays
- Something Like That - (3:35) - 4,896 plays
- Quiet on tha Set - (3:58) - 3,589 plays
- Something 2 Dance 2 - (3:21) - 3,417 plays