0 Shouts - 80,849 Scrobbles
There are at least 4 bands that have/had this name.Read More...
1) Norbert Szakacs aka Mystification was born on 15th of August of 1984 in Veszprem, Hungary. His father was a member of a band as a bass guitar player: the beginning of Norbert's love of music. In the beginning he listened to all sorts of heavy metal. Around the age of 13 he began to become acquainted with electronic music, a huge influence were The Prodigy and The Chemical Brothers. Going down on dangerous path trip-hop, breakbeat and drum'n'bass got in his sights. Around the age of 14 or 15 he began to producing music, especially hip-hop. After visiting some drum'n'bass parties he seemed to find his beloved genre, he settled down and concentrated on drum'n'bass. At the moment his making hard technoid influenced d&b, and with his elder brother some hybrid sound to compound rough heavy metal and massive drum'n'bass (his brother brings guitar subjects and Mystification produces the raw materials into a track). He has releases on labels like: Black Hoe Alimony (HUN), Aural Carnage (GER), Intransigent Digital (GER), Hell's Bassment (AUS), Hardline (AUS), Manticore (FRA).
2) Mystification is a psychobilly band formed in Zhytomyr, Ukraine.
The birth of the band later became known as MYSTIFICATION occured on April 12th 2002 in the nice Ukrainian city of Zhytomir. That day Dmitriy Stadnik and Vitaliy Klimchuk decided to get together and play psychobilly. Lack of money forced them to start rehearsals with simple handmade guitar and secondhand semi-acoustic bass-guitar.
In the beginning of 2003 drummer Vladimir Bugaychuk joined the team, he was the maddest about psychobilly among them three. So line-up was completed and the band started to work at their own material.
The next year the band was hovered between life and death - financial capabilities precluded from buying decent instruments, besides Dmitriy (vocalist & guitarist) moved to Kiev in search of better life..
IBut in 2005 guys met together in Zhytomir's pub "Dominko", warmed up with a couple of bottles of vodka and decided to revive the band. They finally bought suitable instruments for playing and found a constant place for rehearsals. Recognizable image of a band with peculiar repertoire began to take shape. It was time to come out into the open. Under the name Mysteriouz guys performed a song at the qualifying concert of a festival conducted by local radio station - this was their first public appearance. Curiously enough there was another act with the same name that day, so our heros called themselfs Mystification. Trio started to regularly play gigs all over Ukraine (primarily in Kiev), mysteriously leaving out their own hometown Zhytomir... Later it was found out that musical style of the band is modern psychobilly, probably with some rockabilly influences.
In 2006 Mystification recorded several songs, 2 of them were included to the CD compilation of Ukrainian psycho & neo-rockabilly bands "Ukrabilly Train". The band performed for the first time at the biggest local festival Ukrabilly Bang, sharing the stage with other acts from Ukraine and Russia.
During 2007 Mystification played numerous gigs across the country, and participated in the next Ukrabilly Bang together with well-known bands such as Catafalque (Russia) and De Tazsos (Poland).
In 2008 Vitaliy on the bass was substituted by Maksim Sitnikov. After spending the summer in everyday rehearsals, Mystification made their first abroad trip playing gigs in St.Petersburg and Moscow (Russia). Upon returning guys continued to improve their playing skills and work on a new material for the debut album. A series of gigs with such bands as Meantraitors, Go Katz, Stressor, Wise Guyz followed that year. But then global economic crisis suspended their plans on a new album for a while...
In 2009 Mystification showed themselfs on all-ukrainian music TV channel M1 and on local Zhytomir's TV as well. They won "Band of the year" title at the "UNRELIZ Music Awards" ceremony, appeared on several radio stations, successfully played the Ukrabilly Bang festival and many other gigs. In autumn they've played in Poland for the first time.
And finally in 2010 guys recorded and released their debut full-length album "Insidious Man"! This disk sums up the first 7 years of the band's career with their 13 best songs. CD features great artwork and sleeve notes with songs lyrics.
3) A disbanded Polish doom/death band.The had two demos released in 1991 and 1993.
4) A Finnish Black/Death Metal band.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Show Me How to Cry - 14,664 plays
- Unexplainable Feeling - 7,480 plays
- Our World - 5,228 plays
- Boundless - 4,593 plays
- Castaway - 4,339 plays
- The Dead Shift - 2,746 plays
- One Step From Hell - 1,853 plays
- Plastic Mortality - 1,959 plays
- Oath is Fun - 1,803 plays
- Crackup - 1,765 plays