My Dying Bride
3,373 Shouts - 14,331,498 Scrobbles
My Dying Bride is a gothic doom metal band formed in Bradford, West Yorkshire, England, UK. They are known for their slow yet extremely heavy riffs and remarkably morose poetic lyrics. Along with former Peaceville labelmates Anathema and Paradise Lost, My Dying Bride is one of the pioneering acts of the death doom metal movement in the early 1990s. The initial formation consisted of vocalist Aaron Stainthorpe, guitarists Andrew Craighan and Calvin Robertshaw plus drummer Rick Miah, who founded the band in 1990.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsAs I draw up my breath
And silver fills my eyes
I kiss her still
For she will never rise
On my weak body
- LyricsYou can't expect to see him and survive
You'll shallow his tongue of thorns
His mouth, dripping with flies
In his glorious kingdom of fire
But I believe he wept
- LyricsI will be here for you
All I want is you
When I see your face
all the Angels are shamed
Lay with me beauty
- LyricsOpen me
and drink up my scarlet
Kiss me deep
Kiss me deep and love me forever more
- LyricsYour bloodied is what I cling to.
In powerful rain, they laid down their heads to die.
Let your dark, thirsty eyes drink deep the sights of me.
It's sad that, in our blindness, we gather thorns for flowers.
Your river holds a feast of danger.
- My Wine in Silence - (5:50) - 7,937 plays
- A Cruel Taste of Winter - (7:34) - 5,374 plays
- Sear Me MCMXCIII - (7:22) - 5,595 plays
- The Dreadful Hours - (9:21) - 5,692 plays
- My Body, a Funeral - (5:01) - 5,778 plays