My Dying Bride
3,352 Shouts - 14,179,761 Scrobbles
My Dying Bride is a gothic doom metal band formed in Bradford, West Yorkshire, England, UK. They are known for their slow yet extremely heavy riffs and remarkably morose poetic lyrics. Along with former Peaceville labelmates Anathema and Paradise Lost, My Dying Bride is one of the pioneering acts of the death doom metal movement in the early 1990s. The initial formation consisted of vocalist Aaron Stainthorpe, guitarists Andrew Craighan and Calvin Robertshaw plus drummer Rick Miah, who founded the band in 1990.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsAs I draw up my breath
And silver fills my eyes
I kiss her still
For she will never rise
On my weak body
- LyricsYou can't expect to see him and survive
You'll shallow his tongue of thorns
His mouth, dripping with flies
In his glorious kingdom of fire
But I believe he wept
- LyricsI will be here for you
All I want is you
When I see your face
all the Angels are shamed
Lay with me beauty
- LyricsOpen me
and drink up my scarlet
Kiss me deep
Kiss me deep and love me forever more
- LyricsWhere are you now my love?
My sweet one.
I'm so alone.
Where have you gone my love?
And it drives me down.
- Your River - (9:22) - 6,342 plays
- Sear Me MCMXCIII - (7:22) - 5,917 plays
- The Dreadful Hours - (9:21) - 6,208 plays
- My Body, a Funeral - (5:01) - 6,151 plays
- A Cruel Taste of Winter - (7:34) - 5,230 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online