My Dying Bride
3,346 Shouts - 13,984,691 Scrobbles
My Dying Bride is a gothic doom metal band formed in Bradford, West Yorkshire, England, UK. They are known for their slow yet extremely heavy riffs and remarkably morose poetic lyrics. Along with former Peaceville labelmates Anathema and Paradise Lost, My Dying Bride is one of the pioneering acts of the death doom metal movement in the early 1990s. The initial formation consisted of vocalist Aaron Stainthorpe, guitarists Andrew Craighan and Calvin Robertshaw plus drummer Rick Miah, who founded the band in 1990.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsYou can't expect to see him and survive
You'll shallow his tongue of thorns
His mouth, dripping with flies
In his glorious kingdom of fire
But I believe he wept
- LyricsAs I draw up my breath
And silver fills my eyes
I kiss her still
For she will never rise
On my weak body
- LyricsI will be here for you
All I want is you
When I see your face
all the Angels are shamed
Lay with me beauty
- LyricsWhere are you now my love?
My sweet one.
I'm so alone.
Where have you gone my love?
And it drives me down.
- LyricsYour bloodied is what I cling to.
In powerful rain, they laid down their heads to die.
Let your dark, thirsty eyes drink deep the sights of me.
It's sad that, in our blindness, we gather thorns for flowers.
Your river holds a feast of danger.
- A Kiss to Remember - (7:21) - 6,480 plays
- Sear Me MCMXCIII - (7:22) - 5,706 plays
- The Dreadful Hours - (9:21) - 6,141 plays
- My Body, a Funeral - (5:01) - 6,211 plays
- Two Winters Only - (9:00) - 5,843 plays