My Dying Bride
3,311 Shouts - 13,475,594 Scrobbles
My Dying Bride is a gothic/doom metal band formed in Bradford, West Yorkshire, England, UK. They are known for their slow yet extremely heavy riffs and remarkably morose poetic lyrics. Along with former Peaceville labelmates Anathema and Paradise Lost, My Dying Bride is one of the pioneering acts of the death doom metal movement in the early 1990s. The initial formation consisted of vocalist Aaron Stainthorpe, guitarists Andrew Craighan and Calvin Robertshaw plus drummer Rick Miah, who founded the band in 1990.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsYou can't expect to see him and survive
You'll shallow his tongue of thorns
His mouth, dripping with flies
In his glorious kingdom of fire
But I believe he wept
- For My Fallen Angel - (5:56) - 11,976 plays
- For You - (4:16) - 9,127 plays
- LyricsMother will you take me down?
I have become so afraid
Mother please, please take me down
Sorry, your boy is not brave
Child just hold on. Night will soon be gone
- LyricsYour bloodied is what I cling to.
In powerful rain, they laid down their heads to die.
Let your dark, thirsty eyes drink deep the sights of me.
It's sad that, in our blindness, we gather thorns for flowers.
Your river holds a feast of danger.
- A Kiss to Remember - (7:21) - 7,510 plays
- My Wine in Silence - (5:50) - 8,550 plays
- Kneel till Doomsday - (2:04) - 7,111 plays
- The Poorest Waltz - (1:07) - 7,831 plays
- Two Winters Only - (9:00) - 7,088 plays