0 Shouts - 89,536 Scrobbles
Muazzez Ersoy (b. 1958, İstanbul), is a Turkish classical and folk singer. Her real name is Hatice Yıldız Levent.Read More...
Hatice Yıldız Levent was born in the 9th of July 1958 in İstanbul. Her family originally comes from a black sea town in Kastamonu. She married while aged just 17 years old. However, this was short lived when she and her husband divorced after she gave birth to their first son one year later. She got a job at a cosmetics company and also pursued classical musical training at this time.
In 1990 she decided to become a professional singer and took the professional name "Muazzez Ersoy" after signing a record contract with Elenor Plak. Her first album called "Seven Olmazki" was released after one year. Her success kept increasing with "Herşeyim Sensin", "Sizi Seviyorum" and "Sensizlik". From 1995, she released a series of albums named "Nostalji" (turkish for "Nostalgia"). The second chapter of the "Nostalji" series called 'Nostalji 4-5-6' which was released in 1998 is among the most popular Turkish musical albums ever made with over 5 million in sales in Turkey.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Can Bedenden Çikmayinca - 33,035 plays
- Sevemedim Karagözlüm - 1,951 plays
- Sevemez Kimse Seni - 1,308 plays
- Bir Fincan Kahve Olsam - 1,179 plays
- Kalbimi Kıra Kıra - 1,075 plays
- Agora Meyhanesi - 997 plays
- Nasıl geçti habersiz - 1,060 plays
- Kader Diyemezsin - 827 plays
- At Kadehi Elinden - 734 plays
- Unutursun Diye - 728 plays