0 Shouts - 42,611 Scrobbles
Described on the band's website as "dark, atmospheric acoustic zen rock from the Massachusetts woods", Mountain Mirrors combines spiritual subject matter with psychedelic folk music, progressive rock and metal influences.Read More...
The brainchild of Massachusetts musician Jeff "The Sandman" Sanders (ex-Divider, Asstrain, Cesspool), Mountain Mirrors started in 2003 as a sort of deep personal catharsis and caught the ear of poet Vine Sweetland of Vine Sweetland and the Forefathers of the New Millennium.
Promoted early on by Vine's now-defunct Zemira Records, Mountain Mirrors began to build an early fan base in psychedelic rock circles and has since released three LPs and a brand new EP on October 30, 2012 called "Asylum Acres."
This dark acoustic EP is "sort of a concept album about places you'd visit in dreams (or nightmares), alternate realities, astral projection etc. There is also a thread running through the songs about angels. More specifically, waiting in vain for them. Everything happens for a reason, remember?".
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Field of Grass - 3,486 plays
- The Demon's Eye - 2,516 plays
- Birds in a Rat Race - 1,565 plays
- Calm Before the Storm - 1,696 plays
- Born Deranged - 1,744 plays
- Stay Evil - 1,708 plays
- End of Days - 1,561 plays
- Karmic Dogs - 1,588 plays
- A Spell to Block the Sun - 1,434 plays
- Your Time Has Come - 1,384 plays