Motor Totemist Guild
8 Shouts - 8,621 Scrobbles
The Orange County collective known as Motor Totemist Guild began in 1984 under the leadership of James Grigsby. The ramshackle experimental group toured and self-released albums through 1989, when Grigsby and vocalist Emily Hay formed U Totem. The duo reunited the group in 1997 with a largely expanded lineup, including former members Lynn Johnston (clarinets, saxes) and Eric Johnson-Tamai (bassoon), along with musicians from the '90s West Coast new jazz scene such as Vinny Golia (clarinets, saxes), Jeff Kaiser (trumpet), and Brad Dutz (marimba and vibraphone).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Tower of London - (2:59) - 78 plays
- Bloud in the Tower - (3:07) - 24 plays
- Crayons - (2:37) - 45 plays
- In Sackcloth And Ashes - 43 plays
- Farmer Without Strings - (3:47) - 38 plays
- Anti-Club - (5:44) - 25 plays
- Lhasa_Stares In Steps - (5:48) - 33 plays
- Scarfnet - (14:56) - 23 plays
- A Mixture Of Guise - 25 plays
- Blood In the Tower - (3:07) - 13 plays