5,719 Shouts - 47,534,578 Scrobbles
Steven Patrick Morrissey, better known as Morrissey, is a British singer and lyricist of Irish descent born in Davyhulme, Lancashire, United Kingdom on May 22, 1959. He was the lead singer of The Smiths, one of the most influential alternative bands in the 1980s. The group split up in 1987 and Morrissey started a successful solo career. His first solo album, Viva Hate was released only six months after The Smiths split, in March 1988.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsTrudging slowly over wet sand
Back to the bench where your clothes were stolen
This is the coastal town
That they forgot to close down
Armageddon, come Armageddon!
- LyricsWhy do you come here?
And why, why do you hang around?
I'm so sorry, oh, I'm so sorry
Why do you come here
When you know it makes things hard for me?
- LyricsIrish blood, English heart, this I'm made of
There is no one on earth I'm afraid of
And no regime can buy or sell me
I've been dreaming of a time when
To be English is not to be baneful
- LyricsLos Angeles
You have never been in love
Until you've seen the stars
Reflect in the reservoirs
- LyricsPasolini is me,
Accattone, you'll be,
I entered nothing and nothing entered me,
Till you came with the key,
And you did your best but?
- Let Me Kiss You - (3:31) - 27,062 plays
- The Last of the Famous International Playboys - (3:41) - 20,529 plays
- The More You Ignore Me, the Closer I Get - (3:51) - 23,135 plays
- First Of The Gang To Die - Remastered - (3:36) - 19,249 plays
- I Have Forgiven Jesus - (3:42) - 17,550 plays