5,703 Shouts - 47,363,232 Scrobbles
Steven Patrick Morrissey, better known as Morrissey, is a British singer and lyricist of Irish descent born in Davyhulme, Lancashire, United Kingdom on May 22, 1959. He was the lead singer of The Smiths, one of the most influential alternative bands in the 1980s. The group split up in 1987 and Morrissey started a successful solo career. His first solo album, Viva Hate was released only six months after The Smiths split, in March 1988.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsTrudging slowly over wet sand
Back to the bench where your clothes were stolen
This is the coastal town
That they forgot to close down
Armageddon, come Armageddon!
- LyricsWhy do you come here?
And why, why do you hang around?
I'm so sorry, oh, I'm so sorry
Why do you come here
When you know it makes things hard for me?
- LyricsIrish blood, English heart, this I'm made of
There is no one on earth I'm afraid of
And no regime can buy or sell me
I've been dreaming of a time when
To be English is not to be baneful
- LyricsWorld peace is none of your business
You must not tamper with arrangements
Work hard and sweetly pay your taxes
Never asking what for
Oh, you poor little fool oh, you fool
- LyricsLos Angeles
You have never been in love
Until you've seen the stars
Reflect in the reservoirs
- Istanbul - (4:42) - 31,559 plays
- Earth Is the Loneliest Planet - (3:37) - 29,688 plays
- You Have Killed Me - (3:05) - 28,005 plays
- Let Me Kiss You - (3:31) - 29,138 plays
- The Last of the Famous International Playboys - (3:41) - 21,702 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online