5,267 Shouts - 40,664,168 Scrobbles
Steven Patrick Morrissey, better known as Morrissey, is an English singer and lyricist born in Davyhulme, Lancashire, United Kingdom on May 22, 1959. He was the lead singer of The Smiths, one of the most influential alternative bands in the 1980s. The group split up in 1987 and Morrissey started a successful solo career. His first solo album, Viva Hate was released only six months after The Smiths split, in March 1988.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsTrudging slowly over wet sand
Back to the bench where your clothes were stolen
This is the coastal town that they forgot to close down
Armageddon, come Armageddon, come, Armageddon, come
Everyday is like Sunday
- LyricsWhy do you come here?
And why, why do you hang around?
I'm so sorry, oh, I'm so sorry
Why do you come here
When you know it makes things hard for me?
- LyricsLos Angeles
You have never been in love
Until you've seen the stars
Reflect in the reservoirs
- LyricsIrish blood, English heart, this I'm made of
There is no one on earth I'm afraid of
And no regime can buy or sell me
I've been dreaming of a time when
To be English is not to be baneful
- LyricsPasolini is me, 'Accattone' you'll be
I entered nothing and nothing entered me
'Til you came with the key
And you did your best but
As I live and breathe
- Let Me Kiss You - (3:31) - 52,734 plays
- The Last of the Famous International Playboys - (3:34) - 36,466 plays
- The More You Ignore Me, the Closer I Get - (3:51) - 36,262 plays
- I Have Forgiven Jesus - (3:42) - 32,570 plays
- That's How People Grow Up - (2:59) - 24,937 plays