0 Shouts - 545,387 Scrobbles
There is more than one artist named Morning Glory:Read More...
1) Morning Glory is one of the many punk bands to spawn from Choking Victim, led by Ezra Kire. Their members are drawn from the wide pool of punk rock musicians in New York City.
In the early days (circa 2001, near the breakup of INDK) Ezra began working on a solo project, but with input and help from many other musicians. With a guitar, an 8-track, and a drum machine, he wrote and produced "This is No Time ta Sleep".
It was a hit with the growing "Crack Rock Steady" fan base of the local NY punk scene, and the "single" of the album, "Gang Control" was re-issued along with 3 new tracks on the self-produced Maxi-single CD "Tha Suicide Singles" in 2002. At least one of the tracks was live, indicating that Ezra had by that time (at least loosely) pulled an actual band together to perform as "Morning Glory".
The next release, including a full line-up of musicians, featured 5 all new songs in 2003 and was called "The Whole World is Watching". Morning Glory played a few shows around New York, but with Leftöver Crack's impending Fuck World Trade tour, Morning Glory took a back seat.
Not much was heard from the band or any news of new material until late 2005 when Ezra made some California show appearances with Leftöver Crack and people began to ask him about Morning Glory. They have recorded a full demo, and it must be done or close to being done, because one track, entitled "All My Friends" appeared on the Black Noise Records compilation "The Kids are Gonna Pay".
Mid 08 has seen new material slowly released for download over a newly created Morning Glory official myspace.The four tracks released so far 'You make me wanna die young(demo),Not another Christmas(demo),Suicide for Jennicide(demo),Fuck the Army,Join the Anti(demo)' are tracks that contribute to the new album, 'This is Revolution Rock'.
In August of 2012 Morning Glory released their long-awaited follow-up, Poets Were My Heroes on Fat Wreck Chords.
2) Morning Glory was a late 60s American psychedelic rock band, formed in San Fransisco in 1967. They released one album, Two Suns Worth (Fontana SRF-67573), and one single, Need Someone / I See The Light (Fontana 1613), both in 1968. Two Suns Worth was engineered by John Cale, who is best known as a member of the velvet Underground.
3) Morning Glory is a band composed of two boys from Welcome, Mn. They moved to Seattle in 2006 and started playing in Pikes Place Market everyday. They have recorded a full-length album, and that's what Lou is scrobbling.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Gimme Heroin - 39,926 plays
- A Walk With Mystery - 6,676 plays
- Gang Control - 25,576 plays
- After All These Years - 6,611 plays
- The Whole World Is Watching - 20,898 plays
- School Is Bullshit - 19,040 plays
- Divide By - 15,259 plays
- Am I Fiction - 4,797 plays
- Tolerate! - 15,274 plays
- All Ways - 4,587 plays