1 Shouts - 13,208 Scrobbles
Moreno stands out among Gypsy jazz guitarists for his unique style, influenced by his tutelage under the venerable jazz manouche great Paul “Tchan Tchou” Vidal. Hailing from the Alsace, Vidal and Moreno’s playing is tied more closely to timeless Eastern European Gypsy music than to the urban Parisian swing of Django Reinhardt. Seeing Moreno play live is a humbling experience. With a cigarette hanging from his picking hand and his eyes never bothering to look at his Favino guitar, he uncoils Gypsy melodies with dashing style, fluidity, and an astonishing speed that leaves you breathless.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Du DJa Yal - (1:23) - 255 plays
- Begin the Beguine - (2:40) - 67 plays
- Sheik of Araby - (4:15) - 27 plays
- The Man I Love - (3:40) - 22 plays
- Moreno - (2:53) - 17 plays
- Hans'chie Swing - (2:43) - 20 plays
- Seul a Paris - (2:23) - 7 plays
- Le fils du vent - (2:39) - 19 plays
- The Sheik Of Araby - (4:10) - 4 plays
- Pharaon - (3:26) - 14 plays