9 Shouts - 8,799 Scrobbles
Mor Thiam (born Mor Dogo Thiam in Dakar, Senegal, c. 1941) is a Senegalese drummer, cultural historian, and entertainment consultant. His surname is pronounced "Chahm." Thiam, a member of the Dogon ethnic group, played drums from before the age of eight and had begun playing professionally by age 12. His surname, Thiam, means "historian" in his native tongue, and he comes from a family whose members use drums to tell the story of Senegal's Wolof people. His instruments include tama, sabar, and djembe.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Ayo Ayo Nene - (5:44) - 497 plays
- Worosodon - (2:46) - 27 plays
- Ayo Ayo Nene (1973) - (5:44) - 20 plays
- Yaral Sa Doom - (4:17) - 16 plays
- Sindiely Song For the Black Beauty - (5:53) - 12 plays
- Tassu - (4:38) - 12 plays
- Modou Modou - (5:33) - 11 plays
- Sangara - (4:29) - 12 plays
- Djembé - (6:22) - 8 plays
- Ayo Ayo Ne Ne - Lp Cut - (5:42) - 16 plays