0 Shouts - 112,557 Scrobbles
London rapper Monie Love had a minor hit in the UK with the Whispers-sampling "I Can Do This" before relocating to the US. She first gained critical and commercial notice across the pond in 1989 for her cameos in Queen Latifah's "Ladies First", in the Jungle Brother's "Doin' Our Own Dang", and in De La Soul's hit single, the remix of "Buddy". The acclaim led her to a recording contract with Warner Bros. Records, making Love one of the few British rappers signed to a major label.Read More...
Love has a place in hip hop history as a member of the Native Tongues Posse, a positive-minded rap collective which included Queen Latifah, De La Soul, A Tribe Called Quest, Jungle Brothers, and Black Sheep.
Love's debut album, Down To Earth, spawned two, Grammy-nominated hits, "Monie In The Middle", and "It's a Shame (My Sister)". The album reached #26 on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Monie In The Middle - 13,389 plays
- It's a Shame (My Sister) - 21,219 plays
- It's A Shame - 17,139 plays
- Grandpa's Party - 5,735 plays
- It's a Shame (My Sister) [feat. True Image] - 3,979 plays
- I Can Do This (Uptown Mix) - 3,481 plays
- Work It Out - 3,044 plays
- R U Single - 1,618 plays
- Ring My Bell - 1,573 plays
- Down To Earth - 2,924 plays