0 Shouts - 246,847 Scrobbles
There are three bands by the name of Momentum.Read More...
1) A melodic hardcore band. Featuring members of Plague Mass and Light Bearer.
2) Progressive metal/doom band from Reykjavik, Iceland.
3) Danish heavy metal band
1) Momentum formed in 2011, featuring members of Plague Mass, Light Bearer and XZieglerX, playing driving, epic heavy and melodic DIY hardcore punk, both crushing and uplifting, ignoring sub-genres and getting back to the basics of why we love playing fast political music. Influenced by the words of Carl Sagan, and other luminary thinkers, the music forms around a set idea, that of our place in the universe, the hatred and anger and stupidity of a species of ape, on a small insignificant planet, but also our ability to look beyond these facile ideas and appreciate and begin to understand the awe of the universe.
Our first album, "Whetting Occam's Razor" will be released in autumn/winter 2011.
2) Momentum’s upcoming release, The Freak is Alive, sees the band travelling further into a world of their own. A world portrayed through the artwork, lyrics and concept of frontman Hörður where songs are connected through a surreal journey through the subconsciousness leaving just enough untold for the observer to get lost in their own interpretation.
Starting off as an extreme black/death metal project in 2003, Momentum evolved to excel at blending tactful post-rock atmospheres, reminiscent of Isis and Cult of Luna, with a Neurosis-esque level of bone-crushing heaviness broken up by soft singing and relaxed clean passages, intense vocal layering over discordant, staccato bursts and sheets of additional eerie sound textures that explode into high-impact power chords.
3) The danish heavy metal band Momentum is ready to revive the classic heavy metal.
Excessive technique, defined unique sound and a kick-ass liveshow are but some of the things that tell tales of a bright future with Momentum on the big stages - where metal of this caliber truly belongs.
The band is an explosive mix of catchy riffs, thundering rhythm-sections and flashy solos with a modern edge to the 80’s Marshall-sound created by Priest, Maiden and Motorhead
With hundreds of concert from among others Pinboys and Essence, these five young gentlemen, who define Momentum, are determined to remind the world that oldschool is still armed and dangerous!