35 Shouts - 118,967 Scrobbles
Mary Lloyd (1916–1993), also known as Molly, was the mother of Nick Drake. In 1934, she met Rodney Drake, and they were married in 1937. Molly gave birth to Nick in 1948. She was an accomplished poet and songwriter. Her poetry is somewhat maudlin but beautiful. Her compositions for piano are marked by the same looping style that characterized her son Nick's guitar work. Her daughter Gabrielle asserts that her mother's work is unquestionably a strong influence on Nick's work.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Poor Mum - (1:38) - 4,917 plays
- Do You Ever Remember? - (1:35) - 3,224 plays
- Happiness - (1:49) - 2,919 plays
- Little Weaver Bird - (1:50) - 2,462 plays
- I Remember - (3:04) - 2,423 plays
- How Wild the Wind Blows - (1:19) - 2,153 plays
- Love Isn't a Right - (2:03) - 2,061 plays
- Cuckoo Time - (1:38) - 1,907 plays
- Dream Your Dreams - (1:54) - 1,863 plays
- What Can a Song Do to You? - (2:29) - 1,650 plays