36 Shouts - 132,544 Scrobbles
Mary Lloyd (1916–1993), also known as Molly, was the mother of Nick Drake. In 1934, she met Rodney Drake, and they were married in 1937. Molly gave birth to Nick in 1948. She was an accomplished poet and songwriter. Her poetry is somewhat maudlin but beautiful. Her compositions for piano are marked by the same looping style that characterized her son Nick's guitar work. Her daughter Gabrielle asserts that her mother's work is unquestionably a strong influence on Nick's work.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Poor Mum - (1:38) - 4,623 plays
- Do You Ever Remember? - (1:35) - 2,864 plays
- Happiness - (1:49) - 2,276 plays
- Little Weaver Bird - (1:50) - 1,894 plays
- I Remember - (3:04) - 1,818 plays
- How Wild the Wind Blows - (1:19) - 1,618 plays
- Love Isn't a Right - (2:03) - 1,483 plays
- Cuckoo Time - (1:38) - 1,445 plays
- Dream Your Dreams - (1:54) - 1,423 plays
- What Can a Song Do to You? - (2:29) - 1,295 plays