0 Shouts - 665,973 Scrobbles
1) Moist is a five-piece Canadian alternative rock band that was popular in the mid-to-late-1990s. The band is led by singer David Usher. Other members of the band are Mark Makoway (guitars), Francis Fillion (drums), Louis Lalancette (bass), Jonathan Gallivan (guitars) and Kevin Young (keyboards). Former members include Jeff Pearce (bass) and Paul Wilcox (drums).Read More...
Moist formed in the early 1990s and eventually released an independent cassette in 1993. The cassette caught the attention of EMI, who released their first full-length studio CD, Silver, in 1994. Producer Terry Brown (Rush, Blue Rodeo) was brought in to work on a few of the band's songs, and the album went on to sell 400,000 copies in Canada on the strength of hard-hitting singles like Push, Silver and Believe Me. The follow up, Creature, was released in 1996 to even greater success, with the band's sound maturing and fostering its softer side. A final studio album titled Mercedes 5 and Dime was released in 1999 which was softer and more melancholic than previous releases.
Moist have called off their indefinite hiatus as of September 2013, and released their new single "Mechanical" on May 23rd, 2014.
2) After a life-long love affair with music, songwriter and producer, David Elfström Lilja, began releasing his own music under the name Moist in 2008. In Moist, he began his dream project, in which he writes, produces and play most instruments. His sound can be found on numerous remixes and in collaborations with different vocal artists such as Maria Marcus, Sophie Rimheden and Kana Otsubo. His most recent work with hits like "On And On" and "Release Me" by Agnes, are enjoying heavy rotation on European radio stations. He just finished the single, “Far Beyond The Endless,” with Maria Marcus and writing and producing a track with the Japanese singer and keyboardist, Kana Otsubo, of Spangle Call Lilli Line, which will appear on Moist’s album due at the end 2009, early 2010.
3) Moist is an Indie Rock/Shoegaze band from Semarang, Indonesia. you can check them at http://soundcloud.com/moistband. They continues as Moiss
4) Moist were a Sydney trio in the mid 1980's playing original love songs & industrial music. They were Peter Read (Thug, Chimp Inc.) on Vocals & backing tracks, Ralph Philips on trombone, vocals & drums, and Patrick Kavanagh (Box the Jesuit) on trumpet & guitar.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsA little bit more than I ever wanted
A little bit more than you could ever say
Did you really think that I'd forgotten
Kicked out the windshield
Water coming in
- LyricsI've been drowned out by the rain
Still I'm wishing I could stay
But I'm sorry my old friend
I've got to leave you once again
And despite what I might say
- LyricsI'd walk the water to get back to you
And where I was complete
We found you scattered by the highway side too
Soon to be released
Gathered the pieces up and clean the places
- LyricsSo, close your eyes
Your Christ has come
The crippled boy that you once knew
The charmed enigma
Chosen one with painted lips
- LyricsThe flowers that I gave you dying slowly
On the wall
The broken fragments of opinion
As the dirty start to fall
I'm not as careful as I should have been
- Underground - 25,047 plays
- Believe Me - 18,137 plays
- Comes And Goes - 17,411 plays
- Breathe - 28,509 plays
- Gasoline - 21,596 plays