Mohammad Reza Shajarian
128 Shouts - 563,739 Scrobbles
Mohammad-Rezā Shajariān (Persian: محمدرضا شجريان) (born September 23, 1940 in Mash'had, Iran) is a legendary and critically acclaimed persian traditional singer, composer and Ostad (master) of Persian music. He has been called "Iran's greatest living master of persian classical music". In Persian classical dastgah music, singing is the most difficult art to master and Shajarian is the embodiment of the perfect singer and a major source of inspiration. Shajarian is also known for his skills in Persian calligraphy, and humanitarian activities.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Saz va Avaz - (5:17) - 860 plays
- Bote Chin - (8:04) - 332 plays
- Introduction - (7:31) - 245 plays
- Golchehreh I - (2:15) - 186 plays
- Ghat'eh Sooz va Godaz (The Burning) - (2:37) - 178 plays
- Tasnife Yad Bad - (4:39) - 138 plays
- Saz o Avaz - (17:53) - 401 plays
- Tar-o Pood - (2:44) - 93 plays
- Dele Sheida - (6:50) - 119 plays
- Beyade Aref - (7:06) - 97 plays