5,685 Shouts - 58,617,927 Scrobbles
Mogwai are a band from Glasgow formed in 1995. They compose lengthy, mostly instrumental guitar-based pieces in the style of post-rock, usually focused around the elaboration of a single theme, and are known traditionally for their quiet/loud dynamic, defined bass riffs, and an eminent ambient sound, sometimes dark and sometimes grand. Although frequently referred to as post-rock, the band have revealed in interviews that they despise this categorization, insisting that their sound bears little resemblance to pioneers of the genre, such as Tortoise.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Hungry Face - (2:21) - 74,933 plays
- Remurdered - (6:25) - 59,199 plays
- Jaguar - (2:19) - 44,102 plays
- Heard About You Last Night - (5:24) - 52,782 plays
- Teenage Exorcists - (3:29) - 49,920 plays
- Auto Rock - (4:16) - 35,538 plays
- Kids Will Be Skeletons - (5:27) - 32,082 plays
- Cody - (6:31) - 31,563 plays
- Take Me Somewhere Nice - (6:57) - 35,700 plays
- Simon Ferocious - (4:49) - 29,257 plays