5,676 Shouts - 58,344,000 Scrobbles
Mogwai are a band from Glasgow formed in 1995. They compose lengthy, mostly instrumental guitar-based pieces in the style of post-rock, usually focused around the elaboration of a single theme, and are known traditionally for their quiet/loud dynamic, defined bass riffs, and an eminent ambient sound, sometimes dark and sometimes grand. Although frequently referred to as post-rock, the band have revealed in interviews that they despise this categorization, insisting that their sound bears little resemblance to pioneers of the genre, such as Tortoise.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Hungry Face - (2:21) - 80,081 plays
- Remurdered - (6:25) - 63,436 plays
- Jaguar - (2:19) - 46,398 plays
- Heard About You Last Night - (5:24) - 56,876 plays
- Teenage Exorcists - (3:29) - 50,428 plays
- Kids Will Be Skeletons - (5:27) - 30,297 plays
- Simon Ferocious - (4:49) - 32,278 plays
- Cody - (6:31) - 32,998 plays
- Hexon Bogon - (2:35) - 33,410 plays