5,662 Shouts - 57,588,926 Scrobbles
Mogwai are a band from Glasgow formed in 1995. They compose lengthy, mostly instrumental guitar-based pieces in the style of post-rock, usually focused around the elaboration of a single theme, and are known traditionally for their quiet/loud dynamic, defined bass riffs, and an eminent ambient sound, sometimes dark and sometimes grand. Although frequently referred to as post-rock, the band have revealed in interviews that they despise this categorization, insisting that their sound bears little resemblance to pioneers of the genre, such as Tortoise.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Hungry Face - (2:21) - 99,685 plays
- Remurdered - (6:25) - 73,373 plays
- Jaguar - (2:19) - 52,558 plays
- Heard About You Last Night - (5:24) - 63,690 plays
- Simon Ferocious - (4:49) - 38,544 plays
- Hexon Bogon - (2:35) - 39,169 plays
- Cody - (6:31) - 36,903 plays
- White Noise - (5:03) - 31,830 plays
- Repelish - (3:56) - 34,228 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online