5,609 Shouts - 55,474,856 Scrobbles
Mogwai are a band from Glasgow formed in 1995. They compose lengthy, mostly instrumental guitar-based pieces in the style of post-rock, usually focused around the elaboration of a single theme, and are known traditionally for their quiet/loud dynamic, defined bass riffs, and an eminent ambient sound, sometimes dark and sometimes grand. Although frequently referred to as post-rock, the band have revealed in interviews that they despise this categorization, insisting that their sound bears little resemblance to pioneers of the genre, such as Tortoise.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Remurdered - (6:25) - 107,650 plays
- Hungry Face - (2:21) - 83,832 plays
- Heard About You Last Night - (5:24) - 91,938 plays
- Jaguar - (2:19) - 64,965 plays
- Simon Ferocious - (4:49) - 67,800 plays
- Hexon Bogon - (2:35) - 67,433 plays
- Repelish - (3:56) - 58,432 plays
- Auto Rock - (4:16) - 49,719 plays
- Deesh - (5:33) - 53,656 plays
- Master Card - (3:58) - 50,608 plays