5,648 Shouts - 56,473,532 Scrobbles
Mogwai are a band from Glasgow formed in 1995. They compose lengthy, mostly instrumental guitar-based pieces in the style of post-rock, usually focused around the elaboration of a single theme, and are known traditionally for their quiet/loud dynamic, defined bass riffs, and an eminent ambient sound, sometimes dark and sometimes grand. Although frequently referred to as post-rock, the band have revealed in interviews that they despise this categorization, insisting that their sound bears little resemblance to pioneers of the genre, such as Tortoise.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Hungry Face - (2:21) - 99,747 plays
- Remurdered - (6:25) - 80,718 plays
- Jaguar - (2:19) - 61,481 plays
- Heard About You Last Night - (5:24) - 67,308 plays
- Simon Ferocious - (4:49) - 44,490 plays
- Hexon Bogon - (2:35) - 44,647 plays
- Cody - (6:31) - 38,042 plays
- Repelish - (3:56) - 38,625 plays
- Wizard Motor - (3:33) - 36,371 plays