5,188 Shouts - 47,775,218 Scrobbles
Mogwai are a band from Glasgow formed in 1995. They compose lengthy, mostly instrumental guitar-based pieces in the style of post-rock, usually focused around the elaboration of a single theme, and are known traditionally for their quiet/loud dynamic, defined bass riffs, and an eminent ambient sound, sometimes dark and sometimes grand. Although frequently referred to as post-rock, the band have revealed in interviews that they despise this categorization, insisting that their sound bears little resemblance to pioneers of the genre, such as Tortoise.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Hungry Face - (2:21) - 65,635 plays
- The Huts - (3:29) - 64,488 plays
- Jaguar - (2:19) - 54,560 plays
- Rano Pano - (5:15) - 66,723 plays
- Wizard Motor - (3:33) - 63,938 plays
- Mexican Grand Prix - (5:17) - 51,984 plays
- This Messiah Needs Watching - (3:14) - 59,868 plays
- San Pedro - (3:27) - 55,643 plays