5,638 Shouts - 56,227,514 Scrobbles
Mogwai are a band from Glasgow formed in 1995. They compose lengthy, mostly instrumental guitar-based pieces in the style of post-rock, usually focused around the elaboration of a single theme, and are known traditionally for their quiet/loud dynamic, defined bass riffs, and an eminent ambient sound, sometimes dark and sometimes grand. Although frequently referred to as post-rock, the band have revealed in interviews that they despise this categorization, insisting that their sound bears little resemblance to pioneers of the genre, such as Tortoise.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Hungry Face - (2:21) - 98,543 plays
- Jaguar - (2:19) - 67,453 plays
- Remurdered - (6:25) - 87,786 plays
- Heard About You Last Night - (5:24) - 73,040 plays
- Simon Ferocious - (4:49) - 50,183 plays
- Auto Rock - (4:16) - 46,755 plays
- Hexon Bogon - (2:35) - 50,122 plays
- Repelish - (3:56) - 43,382 plays
- Wizard Motor - (3:33) - 38,262 plays
- Cody - (6:31) - 37,903 plays