5,596 Shouts - 54,994,298 Scrobbles
Mogwai are a band from Glasgow formed in 1995. They compose lengthy, mostly instrumental guitar-based pieces in the style of post-rock, usually focused around the elaboration of a single theme, and are known traditionally for their quiet/loud dynamic, defined bass riffs, and an eminent ambient sound, sometimes dark and sometimes grand. Although frequently referred to as post-rock, the band have revealed in interviews that they despise this categorization, insisting that their sound bears little resemblance to pioneers of the genre, such as Tortoise.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Remurdered - (6:25) - 132,266 plays
- Heard About You Last Night - (5:24) - 116,873 plays
- Hungry Face - (2:21) - 77,725 plays
- Simon Ferocious - (4:49) - 89,600 plays
- Jaguar - (2:19) - 62,925 plays
- Hexon Bogon - (2:35) - 88,657 plays
- Repelish - (3:56) - 77,690 plays
- Deesh - (5:33) - 71,685 plays
- Master Card - (3:58) - 68,051 plays
- Blues Hour - (6:17) - 64,380 plays