Modest Petrovich Mussorgsky
142 Shouts - 1,853,173 Scrobbles
Modest Petrovich Mussorgsky (Russian: Моде́ст Петро́вич Му́соргский, Modest Petrovič Musorgskij), also Modeste, Moussorgsky (and see also Модест Петрович Мусоргский) (March 9/21, 1839 – March 16/28, 1881), one of five Russian composers known as the mighty handful or the five, they were: Mily Balakirev (the leader), César Cui, Modest Petrovich Mussorgsky, Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov, and Alexander Borodin.), was an innovator of Russian music. He strove to achieve a uniquely Russian musical identity, often in deliberate defiance of the established conventions of Western Music.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Promenade - (2:21) - 1,768 plays
- Night on Bald Mountain - (11:18) - 943 plays
- Gnomus - (2:36) - 790 plays
- Pictures at an Exhibition - (33:12) - 847 plays
- Bydlo - (2:35) - 812 plays
- Night on the Bare Mountain - (11:15) - 477 plays
- Pictures at an Exhibition: The Old Castle - (5:17) - 239 plays
- Pictures at an Exhibition: Gno - (2:34) - 217 plays
- Night on the Bald Mountain - (2:40) - 83 plays
- The Old Castle - (5:21) - 118 plays