Modest Petrovich Mussorgsky
139 Shouts - 1,782,776 Scrobbles
Modest Petrovich Mussorgsky (Russian: Моде́ст Петро́вич Му́соргский, Modest Petrovič Musorgskij), also Modeste, Moussorgsky (and see also Модест Петрович Мусоргский) (March 9/21, 1839 – March 16/28, 1881), one of five Russian composers known as the mighty handful or the five, they were: Mily Balakirev (the leader), César Cui, Modest Petrovich Mussorgsky, Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov, and Alexander Borodin.), was an innovator of Russian music. He strove to achieve a uniquely Russian musical identity, often in deliberate defiance of the established conventions of Western Music.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Pictures at an Exhibition - (33:12) - 1,012 plays
- Gnomus - (2:36) - 1,006 plays
- Bydlo - (2:35) - 999 plays
- Promenade - (2:21) - 1,005 plays
- Night on Bald Mountain - (11:18) - 515 plays
- Night on the Bare Mountain - (11:15) - 324 plays
- Tuileries - (0:56) - 193 plays
- The Old Castle - (5:21) - 218 plays
- Pictures at an Exhibition: Gno - (2:34) - 137 plays
- Cum mortuis in lingua mortua - (2:04) - 76 plays