1 Shouts - 11,621 Scrobbles
West Coast harmonica player MITCH KASHMAR (1960/Santa Barbara, CA - ) is one of the California disciples who soaked up the sound and the soul of Chicago and Mississippi and Cali-customized it. His theory is the California harp scene started with Arkansas native George "Harmonica" Smith, who settled in L.A. soon after leaving Muddy Waters' band. "Rod got some of it and Kim Wilson got some," Kashmar says of Smith's fat, rounded tones, which often sounded more like an entire horn section than a man with a harmonica.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Whiskey Drinkin' Woman - (5:11) - 37 plays
- Dirty Deal - (4:01) - 12 plays
- Nickels & Dimes - (5:50) - 24 plays
- Night Creeper - (3:57) - 28 plays
- I Got No Reason - (3:36) - 15 plays
- Gettin' Drunk - (3:23) - 9 plays
- Dead Presidents - (3:21) - 8 plays
- Just Show It To Me - (3:40) - 9 plays
- You Dogged Me - (3:50) - 8 plays
- Black Dog Blues - (3:40) - 10 plays