0 Shouts - 274,857 Scrobbles
Richard Alexander Caraballo began his minusbaby project in 1999 to explore the diversity of a lo-fi, compositional æsthetic and has since progressed experimentally in its scope to include elements guided by those roots and a sonic language representative of his influences, namely: the art of bass and how it moves butts.Read More...
In addition to music, he is a prolific pixel artist who, since 1999, has been largely responsible for defining the unique aesthetics of the modern 8-bit creative movement. Spearheading the visual identities of 8bitpeoples, Pulsewave and the Blip Festival has contributed to making his work ubiquitous to the public's perception of chip music and art. His work, which he has referred to as, "a practice in primitivism, but mostly a stab at trying to continue several traditions at once," is often guided by a central idea meant to be triumphed by the individual.
Combining his love for type, patterns and limited palettes, minusbaby has developed his own unique visual and musical languages where rather than easing into common trends, he utilizes multiple sources outside of video game culture to broaden both his and the movement's repertoire so as to expand the canon and avoid Super Mario cannons.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- You Just Haven't Earned It Yet, -baby - 21,763 plays
- Doobie Weave - 15,648 plays
- Eating Needles - 13,360 plays
- So Much Bullshine - 12,442 plays
- Monkey Patch - 9,415 plays
- Orangutangaroo - 8,894 plays
- Chimpunk Chucking Pimps - 9,057 plays
- Chilled Around for a Bit - 9,677 plays
- Something Happened When You Were Born - 10,506 plays
- São Roque (Bella/Boa) - 8,067 plays