1,468 Shouts - 10,984,006 Scrobbles
Minor Threat was an American hardcore punk band from Washington DC. Short-lived but very influential, critics have called the band and their work "iconic," and have noted that their "groundbreaking" music "has held up better than most of their contemporaries." Minor Threat is credited with unintentionally starting the "straight edge movement" from a handful of song lyrics. They and fellow Washington DC residents Bad Brains set the standard for many hardcore punk bands in the 1980s and 1990s.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsI'm a person just like you. But I've got better things to do. Than sit
around and fuck my head. Hang out with the living dead. Snort white shit up
my nose. Pass out at the shows. I don't even think about speed. That's
something I just don't need.
- LyricsWe're not the first, I hope we're not the last
'Cause I know we're all heading for that adult crash
The time is so little, the time belongs to us
Why is everybody in such a fucking rush?
Make do with what you have
- LyricsI don't wanna hear it. All you do is talk about you. I don't wanna hear it.
'Cause I know that none of it's true. I don't wanna hear it. Sick and tired
of all your lies. I don't wanna hear it. When are you gonna realize...
That I don't wanna hear it. Know you're full of shit.
- LyricsWhat happened to you? You're not the same. Something in your head made a
It's in your head. Filler.
You call it religion. You're full of shit.
Was she really worth it? She cost you your life. You'll never leave her
- LyricsYou see me and you laugh out loud
You taunt me from safe inside your crowd
My looks, they must threaten you
To make you act the way you do
Red, I'm seeing red
- Screaming at a Wall - (1:34) - 13,812 plays
- Small Man, Big Mouth - (0:58) - 13,968 plays
- In My Eyes - (0:54) - 12,832 plays
- Guilty of Being White - (1:18) - 12,710 plays
- Bottled Violence - (0:56) - 12,989 plays