31 Shouts - 57,958 Scrobbles
Composer Milton Babbitt's influence on contemporary music is inestimable. His innovative use of the human voice, his infusions of electronic tape sounds into live performances, his serial compositional techniques and pioneering work in synthesized sound, all broke new ground in the music world. His compositions, with their twelve-tone structures, complex mathematical tonal combinations, and synthetic sounds, offered up with Babbitt's cerebral explanations, evince serious purpose, energy, and wit.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Philomel - (4:59) - 80 plays
- Philomel (edit) - (4:59) - 47 plays
- Composition For Synthesizer - (10:55) - 36 plays
- Occasional Variations - (9:58) - 30 plays
- Ensembles for Synthesizer (1964) - (10:44) - 20 plays
- Three Compositions - (7:37) - 23 plays
- Clarinet Quintet: measure 1 - (3:04) - 20 plays
- Duet (1956) - (0:36) - 21 plays
- None But The Lonely Flute - (6:10) - 19 plays
- Beaten Paths - (4:37) - 18 plays