16 Shouts - 400,074 Scrobbles
Milton "Bags" Jackson (January 1, 1923 – October 9, 1999) was an American jazz vibraphonist, usually thought of as a bebop player, although he performed in several jazz idioms. He is especially remembered for his cool swinging solos as a member of the Modern Jazz Quartet and his penchant for collaborating with several hard bop and post-bop players. A very expressive player, Jackson differentiated himself from other vibraphonists in his attention to variations on harmonics and rhythm. He was particularly fond of the twelve-bar blues at slow tempos.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Bags' Groove - (5:35) - 1,444 plays
- Enchanted Lady - (5:09) - 1,113 plays
- People Make The World Go Round - (8:26) - 928 plays
- Tahiti - (3:29) - 833 plays
- Bags' Groove - Rudy Van Gelder 2001 - Remaster - (3:05) - 707 plays
- Lillie - (3:16) - 777 plays
- What's New - (3:51) - 667 plays
- On the Scene - (2:45) - 616 plays
- Sunflower - (10:58) - 605 plays
- Bag's Groove - (9:23) - 512 plays