19 Shouts - 499,827 Scrobbles
Milton "Bags" Jackson (January 1, 1923 – October 9, 1999) was an American jazz vibraphonist, usually thought of as a bebop player, although he performed in several jazz idioms. He is especially remembered for his cool swinging solos as a member of the Modern Jazz Quartet and his penchant for collaborating with several hard bop and post-bop players. A very expressive player, Jackson differentiated himself from other vibraphonists in his attention to variations on harmonics and rhythm. He was particularly fond of the twelve-bar blues at slow tempos.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Bags' Groove - Rudy Van Gelder 2001 - Remaster - (3:05) - 1,547 plays
- Bags' Groove - (3:05) - 955 plays
- Enchanted Lady - (5:09) - 941 plays
- People Make The World Go Round - (8:26) - 766 plays
- The Late Late Blues - (9:32) - 457 plays
- Bags & Trane - (7:22) - 455 plays
- Stairway to the Stars - (3:39) - 416 plays
- The Night We Called It a Day - (4:22) - 608 plays
- Tahiti - 2001 Digital Remaster - (3:29) - 370 plays
- Sunflower - (8:47) - 408 plays