16 Shouts - 437,838 Scrobbles
Milton "Bags" Jackson (January 1, 1923 – October 9, 1999) was an American jazz vibraphonist, usually thought of as a bebop player, although he performed in several jazz idioms. He is especially remembered for his cool swinging solos as a member of the Modern Jazz Quartet and his penchant for collaborating with several hard bop and post-bop players. A very expressive player, Jackson differentiated himself from other vibraphonists in his attention to variations on harmonics and rhythm. He was particularly fond of the twelve-bar blues at slow tempos.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Enchanted Lady - (5:09) - 1,262 plays
- Bags' Groove - Rudy Van Gelder 2001 - Remaster - (3:05) - 924 plays
- People Make The World Go Round - (8:26) - 872 plays
- Bags' Groove - (3:07) - 792 plays
- Sunflower - (8:47) - 664 plays
- Bags & Trane - (7:25) - 441 plays
- What Are You Doing The Rest Of Your Life? - (6:57) - 470 plays
- Lillie - (3:16) - 486 plays
- The Late Late Blues - (9:35) - 473 plays
- For Someone I Love - (9:59) - 456 plays