0 Shouts - 213,195 Scrobbles
Numerous artists share the name Miles.Read More...
1) Miles Whittaker is one half of Demdike Stare and Pendle Coven and has recorded in the past under the aliases Suum Cuique, Millie and MLZ. After almost 15 years writing music, "Facets" is the first release Miles is putting out under his own name and marks a turning point of sorts in his production style, or rather, in its sequencing. It brings together different ends of his production style, unifying elements of the house and techno he's most commonly released as MLZ together with the more broken production signatures usually reserved for Millie and the darkened tribalism of Demdike Stare.
2) Miles is a well-known name in the Bangladeshi music arena. One of the oldest pop bands of Bangladesh, Miles started their music career by releasing the first self titled album in 1982. In the album 'Miles' all the numbers were in English. At that time Miles used to perform only English numbers in hotels. But what brought them reputation were their Bangla albums. Miles released their first Bangla album called "Protisruty" [Promise] in 1991. This was a blockbuster. Miles became more popular. The second Bangla Album "Prottasha" [Hope] was released in 1993. This was a hit and still is the only best selling pop album in Bangladesh. The third Bangla album called "Prottoy"[Confidence] came out in in 1996. Apart from this a CD was released from Bollywood and 2 "Best of Miles" CDs were compiled and released from India. Disco Recording, a Los Angles based Bangladeshi recording company, also released a "Best of Miles" CD. Very popular songs by Miles are 1.Chand taraa Shurjo, 2. Prothom Premer Moto, 3. Shupto Bashona, 4. Phiriye Dao, 5. Dhiki Dhiki, 6. Koto kaal Khujbo, 7. Jadu, 8. Shey Kaan Dorodiya, 9. Phire Elena, 10. Paharie Meye, 11. E Monto ar, 12. Ghare Loiyaa Jao and 13. Shanti Chaai etc.
In 1999 Miles has completed 20 years of their successful performances. In observance of their 20th birthday Bangla album called 'Probaho' has been released. Probaho continued the success of Miles with new classic tracks including 'Hello Dhaka'.
In 2006, Miles celebrated their 25th anniversary by releasing their next album, 'Protidhoni' which included the popular hit 'Protikha'. Miles has a very good reputation both in Bangladesh and abroad, specially in India and in the USA to the Bangladeshi community.
3) Miles is a German indie alternative trio (with Tobias Kuhn, singer of Monta).
4.) Bassist, composer, and producer Miles Tackett, a prominent member of California's retro hip hop/funk movement, is frequently credited as "Miles" for his solo performances, like the track "Good Vibrations" from the "Funky Precedent, Vol. 2" compilation.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Perfect World - 19,987 plays
- Prince Bernhard Squadron 4000 - 4,878 plays
- Sonic 3000 - 10,248 plays
- Pretty Day - 7,501 plays
- Lebensform - 7,747 plays
- Status Narcissism - 7,485 plays
- Irreligious - 6,929 plays
- Sense Data - 5,890 plays
- Rejoice - 5,505 plays
- Loran Dreams - 5,361 plays