41 Shouts - 435,722 Scrobbles
Michael Campbell (1954-2008), better known as Mikey Dread, was a multi-talented Jamaican singer, producer, and broadcaster. During his long career, he brought dub music to the cultural fore in not only Jamaica but internationally, courageously fused dub with punk via work with The Clash, spread a global message of racial unity, and played a seminal role as a forefather of the now popular and very commercial dancehall and even reggaeton styles with popular dub cuts like Roots and Culture.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Roots and Culture - (5:57) - 2,590 plays
- Break Down The Walls - (4:29) - 1,183 plays
- Barber Saloon - (4:10) - 793 plays
- The Jumping Master - (5:08) - 854 plays
- Dread Combination - (4:13) - 576 plays
- Love The Dread - (2:56) - 488 plays
- Dread At The Mantrols - (3:47) - 575 plays
- Walk Rastafari Way - (1:16) - 586 plays
- Step By Step - (4:53) - 347 plays
- Jah Jah Love (in the Morning) - (6:46) - 368 plays