0 Shouts - 2,320 Scrobbles
Combining an extensive knowledge of the jazz tradition and a highly individualistic approach to performance, Mike DiRubbo has taken his place in the elite of New York City’s straight-ahead jazz musicians. His alto saxophone style reflects the influence of two of the giants of the instrument, Charlie Parker and Jackie McLean (DiRubbo’s former teacher and mentor), along with an attraction to the sound of tenor saxophonists like Dexter Gordon and John Coltrane.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- North Shore Reflections - 24 plays
- Too Late Now - (4:52) - 11 plays
- Threshold - (7:54) - 9 plays
- Faith - (5:40) - 6 plays
- Where There's a Willis There's a Way - (5:11) - 4 plays
- Curvas Perigosas - (6:30) - 5 plays
- Eight For Elvin - (4:38) - 6 plays
- Chronos - (7:24) - 4 plays
- Sun Steps - (6:37) - 6 plays
- 1970 - (0:30) - 4 plays