6 Shouts - 216,783 Scrobbles
Mickey Leroy Gilley was born 9th March 1936 in Natchez, Mississippi. Best known as a Country music singer and piano player, he moved to Houston at age 17 and began playing rock n roll in local clubs, cutting "Tell Me Why" and "Oo-ee-baby" for the local Minor label. He experienced little success on a succession of labels - Dot (Memphis), Rex (New Orleans), Khoury (Lake Charles, Louisiana) until in 1960 he cut "Is It Wrong" for Potomac which became a regional hit. Sadly, the label folded and Mickey continued trying on the Lynn, Sabra and Princess labels.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Make the World Go Away - (2:48) - 2,047 plays
- Stand by Me - (3:35) - 759 plays
- Don't the Girls All Get Prettier At Closing Time - (2:57) - 542 plays
- Room Full Of Roses - (2:47) - 355 plays
- You Don't Know Me - (3:04) - 215 plays
- Suzie Q - (2:02) - 174 plays
- True Love Ways - (2:54) - 178 plays
- Put Your Dreams Away - (3:22) - 123 plays
- A Headache Tomorrow (Or a Heartache Tonight) - (3:31) - 113 plays
- I Overlooked An Orchid - (2:49) - 89 plays