9 Shouts - 133,870 Scrobbles
Michael McGoldrick (b. 1971, Manchester, England) is a flute and tin whistle player of great renown. He also plays the Uilleann pipes. He has been a member of several influential bands. In 1994 he was awarded the BBC Young Tradition Award, and, in 2001, he was given the Instrumentalist of the Year award at the BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards. McGoldrick was a founder-member of Celtic rock band, Toss the Feathers while still at school. He also competed in the Fleadhanna with Dezi Donnelly (fiddle) and John-Jo Kelly (bodhrán) whom he had met at local Comhaltas meetings.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Hillsbrook Reels - (4:20) - 693 plays
- Freefalling - (4:28) - 328 plays
- waterbound - (4:02) - 400 plays
- Teehan's - (4:41) - 176 plays
- late nights at the central - (5:10) - 227 plays
- The Earle's Chair - (3:30) - 172 plays
- Gan Ainm - (4:40) - 179 plays
- Maid of Monsico - (3:00) - 149 plays
- mickey's reels - (3:21) - 162 plays
- Watermans - (4:02) - 130 plays