11 Shouts - 138,381 Scrobbles
Michael McGoldrick (b. 1971, Manchester, England) is a flute and tin whistle player of great renown. He also plays the Uilleann pipes. He has been a member of several influential bands. In 1994 he was awarded the BBC Young Tradition Award, and, in 2001, he was given the Instrumentalist of the Year award at the BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards. McGoldrick was a founder-member of Celtic rock band, Toss the Feathers while still at school. He also competed in the Fleadhanna with Dezi Donnelly (fiddle) and John-Jo Kelly (bodhrán) whom he had met at local Comhaltas meetings.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Hillsbrook Reels - (4:20) - 559 plays
- Teehan's - (4:41) - 274 plays
- Freefalling - (4:28) - 409 plays
- waterbound - (4:02) - 402 plays
- corrievreckan - (6:58) - 237 plays
- late nights at the central - (5:10) - 211 plays
- Gan Ainm - (4:40) - 223 plays
- Watermans - (4:02) - 142 plays
- The Earle's Chair - (3:30) - 148 plays
- mickey's reels - (3:21) - 129 plays