11 Shouts - 145,942 Scrobbles
Michael McGoldrick (b. 1971, Manchester, England) is a flute and tin whistle player of great renown. He also plays the Uilleann pipes. He has been a member of several influential bands. In 1994 he was awarded the BBC Young Tradition Award, and, in 2001, he was given the Instrumentalist of the Year award at the BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards. McGoldrick was a founder-member of Celtic rock band, Toss the Feathers while still at school. He also competed in the Fleadhanna with Dezi Donnelly (fiddle) and John-Jo Kelly (bodhrán) whom he had met at local Comhaltas meetings.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Teehan's - (4:41) - 379 plays
- Freefalling - (4:28) - 415 plays
- waterbound - (4:02) - 357 plays
- The Hillsbrook Reels (Spike Island Lassies/Skyedance/Merry Harrier's Reel/Lady Gordon's) - (4:18) - 143 plays
- Watermans - (4:02) - 171 plays
- Gan Ainm - (4:40) - 204 plays
- late nights at the central - (5:10) - 107 plays
- corrievreckan - (6:58) - 105 plays
- tunin dre - (3:07) - 94 plays
- The Hillsbrook Reels - (4:20) - 102 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online