0 Shouts - 652 Scrobbles
Michael McClure (born October 20, 1932 in Marysville, Kansas) is an American poet, playwright, songwriter, and novelist. After moving to San Francisco as a young man, he found fame as one of the five poets (including Allen Ginsberg) who read at the famous San Francisco Six Gallery reading in 1955 rendered in barely fictionalized terms in Jack Kerouac's Dharma Bums. He soon became a key member of the Beat Generation and is immortalized as "Pat McLear" in Kerouac's Big Sur.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Doorways - (6:45) - 9 plays
- Grahhrr - (3:24) - 9 plays
- Evil - (2:42) - 7 plays
- The Beat - (3:01) - 8 plays
- Coming - (6:39) - 8 plays
- Finale - (5:34) - 8 plays
- Plum Stones - (3:06) - 8 plays
- Lion Poem - (2:11) - 7 plays
- Grahhh! (Michael In The Lion's Den) - (3:40) - 2 plays
- From Ghost Tantras - (5:24) - 2 plays