155 Shouts - 2,222,401 Scrobbles
Michael Kiwanuka is a British musician of Ugandan heritage who writes songs combining soul and rootsy folk influences and sings them with a deep, husky soulful voice. After signing with Communion Records, Kiwanuka recorded his debut EP, Tell Me A Tale, with the help of Paul Butler from The Bees, who took the Muswell Hill, London native to his Isle of Wight studio to record the songs. The record came to the attention of Adele who invited Kiwanuka to support her on the singing star’s 2011 European tour.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsHome again
One day I'll know, I'll feel home again
- LyricsOh my, I didnt know what it means to believe
Oh my, I didnt know what it means to believe
But if I hold on tight is it true?
Would you take care of all that I do?
Oh Lord, I'm getting ready to believe.
- LyricsTell me a tale that always was,
Sing me a song that I'll always be in,
Tell me a story that I can read,
Tell me a story that I believe.
Paint me a picture that I can see,
- LyricsI know I didn't call
But I'll be along in a little while
You know sometimes when I don't call
I'll still get along in a little while
I know sometimes I wander
- LyricsHoney, I've been thinking 'bout you
All that you do
Don't you think of me too?
Lady, where you've been for so long?
I don't need you no more
- Rest - (3:53) - 36,096 plays
- Always Waiting - (4:31) - 36,336 plays
- Any Day Will Do Fine - (3:38) - 30,548 plays
- Worry Walks Beside Me - (4:58) - 28,867 plays
- I Won't Lie - (4:04) - 26,903 plays