56 Shouts - 572,504 Scrobbles
Michael Hurley is an American singer/guitarist, reportedly born December 20, 1941. He also plays the fiddle. Hurley's debut album, First Songs, was recorded for Folkways Records in 1965 on the same reel-to-reel machine that taped Leadbelly's Last Sessions. He was "discovered" by blues and jazz historian Frederick Ramsey III, and subsequently championed by boyhood friend Jesse Colin Young, who released his 2nd & 3rd albums on The Youngbloods' Warner Bros. imprint, Raccoon. In the late 70's, Hurley made three albums for Rounder, all of which have since been reissued on CD.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Werewolf - (4:20) - 1,908 plays
- Sweedeedee - (5:21) - 1,853 plays
- Be Kind to Me - (2:50) - 1,454 plays
- Troubled Waters - (2:06) - 1,129 plays
- Light Green Fellow - (2:36) - 1,054 plays
- Grand Canyon Line - (3:39) - 874 plays
- Hog Of The Forsaken - (3:30) - 777 plays
- Open Up - (2:52) - 793 plays
- Jocko's Lament - (1:55) - 643 plays
- Penguins - (3:26) - 618 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online