57 Shouts - 586,821 Scrobbles
Michael Hurley is an American singer/guitarist, reportedly born December 20, 1941. He also plays the fiddle. Hurley's debut album, First Songs, was recorded for Folkways Records in 1965 on the same reel-to-reel machine that taped Leadbelly's Last Sessions. He was "discovered" by blues and jazz historian Frederick Ramsey III, and subsequently championed by boyhood friend Jesse Colin Young, who released his 2nd & 3rd albums on The Youngbloods' Warner Bros. imprint, Raccoon. In the late 70's, Hurley made three albums for Rounder, all of which have since been reissued on CD.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Werewolf - (4:20) - 1,796 plays
- Sweedeedee - (5:21) - 1,946 plays
- Be Kind to Me - (2:50) - 1,505 plays
- Light Green Fellow - (2:36) - 997 plays
- Troubled Waters - (2:06) - 1,160 plays
- Grand Canyon Line - (3:39) - 871 plays
- Open Up - (2:52) - 793 plays
- The Tea Song - (7:28) - 621 plays
- Hog Of The Forsaken - (3:30) - 734 plays
- Jocko's Lament - (1:55) - 609 plays