56 Shouts - 501,284 Scrobbles
Michael Hurley is an American singer/guitarist, reportedly born December 20, 1941. He also plays the fiddle. Hurley's debut album, First Songs, was recorded for Folkways Records in 1965 on the same reel-to-reel machine that taped Leadbelly's Last Sessions. He was "discovered" by blues and jazz historian Frederick Ramsey III, and subsequently championed by boyhood friend Jesse Colin Young, who released his 2nd & 3rd albums on The Youngbloods' Warner Bros. imprint, Raccoon. In the late 70's, Hurley made three albums for Rounder, all of which have since been reissued on CD.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Werewolf - (4:20) - 2,430 plays
- Sweedeedee - (5:21) - 2,184 plays
- Be Kind to Me - (2:50) - 2,091 plays
- Troubled Waters - (2:06) - 1,572 plays
- Grand Canyon Line - (3:39) - 1,377 plays
- Light Green Fellow - (2:36) - 1,501 plays
- Hog Of The Forsaken - (3:30) - 1,075 plays
- Open Up - (2:52) - 1,123 plays
- Jocko's Lament - (1:55) - 1,052 plays
- Red Ravagers Reel - (2:04) - 875 plays