56 Shouts - 541,295 Scrobbles
Michael Hurley is an American singer/guitarist, reportedly born December 20, 1941. He also plays the fiddle. Hurley's debut album, First Songs, was recorded for Folkways Records in 1965 on the same reel-to-reel machine that taped Leadbelly's Last Sessions. He was "discovered" by blues and jazz historian Frederick Ramsey III, and subsequently championed by boyhood friend Jesse Colin Young, who released his 2nd & 3rd albums on The Youngbloods' Warner Bros. imprint, Raccoon. In the late 70's, Hurley made three albums for Rounder, all of which have since been reissued on CD.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Werewolf - (4:20) - 2,051 plays
- Sweedeedee - (5:21) - 2,033 plays
- Be Kind to Me - (2:50) - 1,818 plays
- Troubled Waters - (2:06) - 1,302 plays
- Grand Canyon Line - (3:39) - 1,190 plays
- Light Green Fellow - (2:36) - 1,189 plays
- Hog Of The Forsaken - (3:30) - 949 plays
- Open Up - (2:52) - 897 plays
- Jocko's Lament - (1:55) - 855 plays
- Red Ravagers Reel - (2:04) - 709 plays