56 Shouts - 561,909 Scrobbles
Michael Hurley is an American singer/guitarist, reportedly born December 20, 1941. He also plays the fiddle. Hurley's debut album, First Songs, was recorded for Folkways Records in 1965 on the same reel-to-reel machine that taped Leadbelly's Last Sessions. He was "discovered" by blues and jazz historian Frederick Ramsey III, and subsequently championed by boyhood friend Jesse Colin Young, who released his 2nd & 3rd albums on The Youngbloods' Warner Bros. imprint, Raccoon. In the late 70's, Hurley made three albums for Rounder, all of which have since been reissued on CD.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Werewolf - (4:20) - 1,930 plays
- Sweedeedee - (5:21) - 1,732 plays
- Be Kind to Me - (2:50) - 1,482 plays
- Troubled Waters - (2:06) - 1,163 plays
- Light Green Fellow - (2:36) - 1,084 plays
- Grand Canyon Line - (3:39) - 934 plays
- Hog Of The Forsaken - (3:30) - 756 plays
- Open Up - (2:52) - 831 plays
- Jocko's Lament - (1:55) - 716 plays
- Penguins - (3:26) - 684 plays