9 Shouts - 117,294 Scrobbles
Michael Haydn (1737-1806) was an Austrian composer of the classical period. Haydn was born on 14th September 1737 in the Austrian village of Rohrau near the Hungarian border. Michael Haydn, like his brother Joseph, was a chorister at St Stephen's in Vienna. Shortly after leaving the choir-school, he was appointed Kapellmeister at Großwardein and later, in 1762, at Salzburg. The latter office he held for forty-three years, during which time he wrote over 360 compositions for the church and much instrumental music.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- I. Adagio - (6:12) - 4,686 plays
- III. Presto - (3:48) - 1,639 plays
- II. Allegro molto - (4:25) - 1,243 plays
- Andante - (2:29) - 1,190 plays
- Ave Regina caelorum - (9:21) - 1,083 plays
- Andantino - (6:05) - 1,018 plays
- Aria a 5: Wo wahre Treue die Herzen verstrickt (Selinde, Dorinda, Polidor, Roderich, Menalkas) - (2:49) - 654 plays
- Aria: Wie? Was, ich soll heut' ubernachten (Bartl) - (3:20) - 610 plays
- Aria: Du Mehlhund! Pack dich fort (Liesl) - (3:12) - 400 plays
- Trombone Concerto in D major: III. Presto - (3:17) - 403 plays