0 Shouts - 23,244 Scrobbles
The 70s was the heyday for both progressive rock and Spanish rock in general. Mezquita combined the approach of bands like King Crimson and the prolific Italian Prog scene with a strong Spanish folk flavor.Read More...
The Flamenco influence is clear in Jose Rafael Garcia's electric and acoustic guitars, while the keyboards of Rosca Lopez provide an authentic Moorish/ Arabic flavor ("Mezquita", by the way, means "Mosque"). Add the tight and creative rhythm section of Randy Lopez (bass, percussion) and Rafael Zorilla (drums) to make a high- energy quartet with a uniquely exotic take on progressive rock.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Recuerdos De Mi Tierra - 4,268 plays
- Desde Que Somos Dos - 3,160 plays
- El Bizco De Los Patios - 3,303 plays
- Obertura En Si Bemol - 2,439 plays
- Suicidio - 2,528 plays
- Ara Buza (Dame Un Beso) - 1,867 plays
- Aza Buza - 675 plays
- Resaca Del Amanecer - 651 plays
- Cara Sin Cruz - 558 plays
- Aguas Del Guadalquivir - 507 plays