0 Shouts - 22,666 Scrobbles
The 70s was the heyday for both progressive rock and Spanish rock in general. Mezquita combined the approach of bands like King Crimson and the prolific Italian Prog scene with a strong Spanish folk flavor.Read More...
The Flamenco influence is clear in Jose Rafael Garcia's electric and acoustic guitars, while the keyboards of Rosca Lopez provide an authentic Moorish/ Arabic flavor ("Mezquita", by the way, means "Mosque"). Add the tight and creative rhythm section of Randy Lopez (bass, percussion) and Rafael Zorilla (drums) to make a high- energy quartet with a uniquely exotic take on progressive rock.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Recuerdos De Mi Tierra - 4,177 plays
- Desde Que Somos Dos - 3,097 plays
- El Bizco De Los Patios - 3,221 plays
- Obertura En Si Bemol - 2,379 plays
- Suicidio - 2,482 plays
- Ara Buza (Dame Un Beso) - 1,810 plays
- Aza Buza - 671 plays
- Resaca Del Amanecer - 633 plays
- Cara Sin Cruz - 541 plays
- Aguas Del Guadalquivir - 507 plays