0 Shouts - 23,618 Scrobbles
The 70s was the heyday for both progressive rock and Spanish rock in general. Mezquita combined the approach of bands like King Crimson and the prolific Italian Prog scene with a strong Spanish folk flavor.Read More...
The Flamenco influence is clear in Jose Rafael Garcia's electric and acoustic guitars, while the keyboards of Rosca Lopez provide an authentic Moorish/ Arabic flavor ("Mezquita", by the way, means "Mosque"). Add the tight and creative rhythm section of Randy Lopez (bass, percussion) and Rafael Zorilla (drums) to make a high- energy quartet with a uniquely exotic take on progressive rock.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Recuerdos De Mi Tierra - 4,327 plays
- Desde Que Somos Dos - 3,203 plays
- El Bizco De Los Patios - 3,349 plays
- Obertura En Si Bemol - 2,478 plays
- Suicidio - 2,559 plays
- Ara Buza (Dame Un Beso) - 1,907 plays
- Aza Buza - 676 plays
- Resaca Del Amanecer - 661 plays
- Cara Sin Cruz - 572 plays
- Aguas Del Guadalquivir - 507 plays