0 Shouts - 22,069 Scrobbles
The 70s was the heyday for both progressive rock and Spanish rock in general. Mezquita combined the approach of bands like King Crimson and the prolific Italian Prog scene with a strong Spanish folk flavor.Read More...
The Flamenco influence is clear in Jose Rafael Garcia's electric and acoustic guitars, while the keyboards of Rosca Lopez provide an authentic Moorish/ Arabic flavor ("Mezquita", by the way, means "Mosque"). Add the tight and creative rhythm section of Randy Lopez (bass, percussion) and Rafael Zorilla (drums) to make a high- energy quartet with a uniquely exotic take on progressive rock.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Recuerdos De Mi Tierra - 4,100 plays
- Desde Que Somos Dos - 3,032 plays
- El Bizco De Los Patios - 3,158 plays
- Obertura En Si Bemol - 2,324 plays
- Suicidio - 2,429 plays
- Ara Buza (Dame Un Beso) - 1,750 plays
- Aza Buza - 666 plays
- Resaca Del Amanecer - 605 plays
- Cara Sin Cruz - 526 plays
- Aguas Del Guadalquivir - 507 plays