18 Shouts - 21,611 Scrobbles
The 70s was the heyday for both progressive rock and Spanish rock in general. Mezquita combined the approach of bands like King Crimson and the prolific Italian Prog scene with a strong Spanish folk flavor.
The Flamenco influence is clear in Jose Rafael Garcia's electric and acoustic guitars, while the keyboards of Rosca Lopez provide an authentic Moorish/ Arabic flavor ("Mezquita", by the way, means "Mosque"). Add the tight and creative rhythm section of Randy Lopez (bass, percussion) and Rafael Zorilla (drums) to make a high- energy quartet with a uniquely exotic take on progressive rock.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Recuerdos De Mi Tierra - (2:58) - 99 plays
- El Bizco De Los Patios - (4:15) - 97 plays
- Desde Que Somos Dos - (5:41) - 79 plays
- Obertura En Si Bemol - (6:02) - 49 plays
- Ara Buza (Dame Un Beso) - 54 plays
- El Suicidio - (7:20) - 43 plays
- Suicidio - (7:24) - 30 plays
- Aza Buza - (4:30) - 6 plays
- Cuentos Arabes - (3:31) - 6 plays
- Así Soy Yo - (3:56) - 5 plays