16 Shouts - 175,012 Scrobbles
Mestre Ambrósio is a character in the Cavalo Marinho, traditional revelry of the Zona da Mata Norte of Pernambuco. The Cavalo Marinho is a variant of Bumba-Meu-Boi, a mixture of drama, music and dance. Mestre Ambrósio, or His Ambrose, or, Ambrose, is credited with introducing the various characters that appear in the game. It is therefore a symbol of diversity. The character lends its name to the band recifense play traditional music of Pernambuco permeated by elements of several other rhythms of Brazil and the world.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Usina (tango no mango) - (4:17) - 328 plays
- Pescador - (5:29) - 265 plays
- Pé-de-calçada - (3:17) - 292 plays
- Sêmen - (4:20) - 218 plays
- Pedra de Fogo - (4:12) - 234 plays
- Se Zé Limeira sambasse maracatu - (2:30) - 221 plays
- Vida - (3:26) - 199 plays
- Fuá na Casa de Cabral - (3:16) - 221 plays
- Maria Clara - (1:24) - 152 plays
- Cacimba Nova - (2:59) - 157 plays