10,335 Shouts - 1,129,186 Scrobbles
Merzbow (メルツバウ) is an experimental music project created in Tokyo in 1979 under the direction of musician Masami Akita (秋田昌美). Since 1979, Akita has formed two record labels and has contributed releases to numerous independent record labels. As well as being a prolific artist, he has also written a number of books and has been the editor of several magazines in Japan. He has written about a variety of subjects, mostly about art, avant-garde music and post-modern culture. His more renowned works have been on the topics of BDSM and fetish culture.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Woodpecker No. 1 - (6:43) - 1,661 plays
- Intro - (2:39) - 1,703 plays
- Woodpecker No. 2 - (3:37) - 1,528 plays
- Spiral Blast - (4:30) - 1,398 plays
- My Station Rock - (4:54) - 1,195 plays
- 1930 - (19:39) - 1,108 plays
- Cannibalism of Machine - (6:07) - 942 plays
- Ultra Marine Blues - (11:29) - 996 plays
- Munchen - (2:02) - 986 plays
- Promotion Man - (8:58) - 1,202 plays