122 Shouts - 2,973,606 Scrobbles
Merle Ronald Haggard, born April 6, 1937 in Bakersfield, California is an American country music singer and songwriter. He has become one of the true giants of country music, and along with Buck Owens helped create the Bakersfield Sound, which is characterized by the unique twang of Telecaster guitars, harmonies, and a rough edge not heard on the more polished Nashville recordings of the time. After spending his early life drifting in and out of jail Merle attended three of Johnny Cash's concerts at San Quentin Prison.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Okie from Muskogee - (3:00) - 7,847 plays
- Mama Tried - (2:13) - 7,105 plays
- I Think I'll Just Stay Here And Drink - (3:50) - 4,688 plays
- Momma Tried - (2:25) - 3,533 plays
- Pancho and Lefty - (4:46) - 3,487 plays
- Always Wanting You - (3:06) - 2,778 plays
- Sing Me Back Home - (2:50) - 2,713 plays
- The Fightin' Side of Me - (2:50) - 2,443 plays
- Workin' Man Blues - (2:30) - 2,207 plays
- Branded Man - (3:09) - 2,119 plays