6 Shouts - 46,518 Scrobbles
Merl Saunders (sometimes spelled Merle), born February 14, 1934 in San Mateo, California, and died October 24, 2008, was an American multi-genre musician who played piano and keyboards, favoring the Hammond B3 organ. Musical career In the 1970s, Saunders began collaborating with Jerry Garcia, with the Grateful Dead and with Garcia's bands The Legion of Mary and Reconstruction.
He's led his own bands, as Merl Saunders and Friends, playing live dates with Garcia, as well as Mike Bloomfield, David Grisman, Tom Fogerty, Vassar Clements, Kenneth Nash, John Kahn and Sheila E.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- After Midnight - (5:01) - 422 plays
- Hi-Heel Sneakers - (8:15) - 307 plays
- LyricsWell they tell me about the pie up in the sky.
Waiting for me when I die.
But between the day your born and when you die.
They never seem to hear even your cry.
So as soon as the sun will shine.
- LyricsMaybe you'll wanna give me kisses sweet
But only for one night with no repeat.
And maybe you'll go away and never call,
And a taste of honey is worse that none at all.
Oh little girl!
- It's Too Late (She's Gone) - (7:48) - 242 plays
- Mystery Train - (11:38) - 246 plays
- Positively 4th Street - (7:46) - 228 plays
- I Second That Emotion - Live - (9:45) - 239 plays
- Lonely Avenue - Live - (8:54) - 185 plays
- Keepers - Previously Unreleased Take - (7:54) - 169 plays