6 Shouts - 39,342 Scrobbles
Merl Saunders (sometimes spelled Merle), born February 14, 1934 in San Mateo, California, and died October 24, 2008, was an American multi-genre musician who played piano and keyboards, favoring the Hammond B3 organ. Musical career In the 1970s, Saunders began collaborating with Jerry Garcia, with the Grateful Dead and with Garcia's bands The Legion of Mary and Reconstruction.
He's led his own bands, as Merl Saunders and Friends, playing live dates with Garcia, as well as Mike Bloomfield, David Grisman, Tom Fogerty, Vassar Clements, Kenneth Nash, John Kahn and Sheila E.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Hi-Heel Sneakers - (8:15) - 590 plays
- LyricsWell they tell me about the pie up in the sky.
Waiting for me when I die.
But between the day your born and when you die.
They never seem to hear even your cry.
So as soon as the sun will shine.
- Mystery Train - (11:38) - 441 plays
- After Midnight - (5:03) - 433 plays
- I Second That Emotion - (9:45) - 390 plays
- It's Too Late (She's Gone) - (7:48) - 327 plays
- Keepers - Previously Unreleased Take - (7:54) - 259 plays
- Positively 4th Street - (7:46) - 242 plays
- It Takes A Lot To Laugh, It Takes A Train To Cry - Previously Unreleased Take - (6:22) - 216 plays
- It Takes A Lot To Laugh, It Takes A Train To Cry - (7:07) - 236 plays