0 Shouts - 378,883 Scrobbles
Memphis isRead More...
1) a musical duo brought together in 2002 by Stars front man Torquil Campbell and long time friend and musician Chris Dumont. Dumont, originally from North Carolina, first met Campbell in New York City in the early 1990s. With Campbell's childhood friends Chris Seligman, James Shaw, and Adam Marvy, the pair played together in a band called Luxe. Later, Seligman and Campbell would form Canada's indie pop group Stars, while Shaw would go on to form Metric with Emily Haines.
Following the initial success of Stars, Campbell invited Dumont to visit in Vancouver, British Columbia, and Memphis was born. The duo's first effort, an EP entitled A Good Day Sailing was released on Le Grand Magistery in 2002. Over the course of the summers of 2003 and 2004, Dumont and Campbell recorded the full-length follow-up, I Dreamed We Fell Apart, released in 2004 on Paper Bag Records.
A follow-up, A Little Place In The Wilderness, produced by Dumont, was released on August 15, 2006, through Good Fences, EMI.
2) James Kirk's band after leaving Orange Juice. They released only one single, "You Supply the Roses", on Alan Horne's Swamplands label in 1985
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Second Summer - 14,376 plays
- Into The Wild - 13,313 plays
- I'll Do Whatever You Want - 31,604 plays
- I Want The Lights On After Dark - 17,091 plays
- For Anyone Eighteen - 11,028 plays
- The Nootka Chimes - 9,087 plays
- 3:15 On The Last Day Of School - 9,771 plays
- Hey Mister, Are You Awake? - 8,590 plays
- Nada - 7,840 plays
- East Van - 7,803 plays