47 Shouts - 167,638 Scrobbles
Mellow Candle was an Irish progressive folk rock band of the 70s. Though sometimes compared to Renaissance, Pentangle, and Fairport Convention, Mellow Candle had a distinctive sound driven by the interweaving harmonies of singers Clodagh Simonds and Alison Williams, the melodic bass playing of Frank Boylan, and original songwriting. The band hailed from Ireland but had some hard luck with English record labels and their sole album Swaddling Songs (1972) sank like a stone despite some warm critical reviews.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Heaven Heath - (3:00) - 1,099 plays
- Sheep Season - (5:01) - 947 plays
- Boulders On My Grave - (3:28) - 569 plays
- Messenger Birds - (3:40) - 571 plays
- The Poet and the Witch - (2:52) - 593 plays
- Dan the Wing - (2:45) - 549 plays
- Reverend Sisters - (4:19) - 562 plays
- Buy Or Beware - (3:06) - 516 plays
- Silversong - (4:27) - 499 plays
- Break Your Token - (2:27) - 495 plays