0 Shouts - 63,701 Scrobbles
Melhem Zein is a Lebanese singer. He first came to prominence in the first installation of the TV show "Super Star", the Arab world's equivalent of "American Idol". Melhem Zein's Lebanese following became so intense that when he was voted out of the show, a large crowd demonstrated in Beirut in protestRead More...
Melhem Zein, also transliterated Melhem Zain (Arabic: ملحم زين) was born on October 21, 1982 in Shmistar, Lebanon. His stardom began after being ranked 3rd in Super Star 1, the Pan-Arab version of Pop Idol. Earlier, when he was 16, he first participated in an Amateur Singing Program called Kaas Al Nojoum (The Cup of the Stars) On LBC Channel for singing "Ya Jarat Al Wadi" (The Neighbour of the Valley) for Mohammed Abd El Wahhab. Melhem receives the title of Al Rayyes (The Boss) of the Lebanese folklore songs from George Ibrahim El Khouri and his fans for singing "Endak Bahriyya Ya Rayyes" for the Lebanese singer Wadi El Safi on Super Star. Now Melhem leads his own singing career. He has released two albums Enti Msheeti (2004) and Baddi Hibbik (I want to love you) in the summer of 2006. Both albums have enjoyed great success throughout the Arab world thereby solidifying Melhem as a star.
Melhem includes Wadi El Safi, Mohammed Abd El Wahhab and Nazem Al Ghazali as his main musical inspirations.
* 2004 Enti Msheeti
* 2006 Baddi Hebbek
* 2008 Aallawa
* Top 55: خطرنا على بالك ("Khatarna Ala Balak") by Toni Hanna
* Top 12: عندك بحريه ("Andak Bahriyya") by Wadi El safi
* Top 10: رمشة عينك ("Remshet Aaynik") by Wadi El Safi
* Top 8: سهروني الليل ("Sahharoni El Lail") by Ragheb Alama
* Top 7: دقوا المهابيج ("Deggo El Mahabeej") by Fairuz
* Top 6: على جرى ("Alli Jara") by Oulaia El Tunisiya
* Top 5: وبعاد كنتم ("Webaad Kentom") by Mohammed Abdo
* Top 4: سمرا وانا الحاصودي ("Samra Wana El Hasoudi") by Ali El Deek
* Top 4: صرخة بطل ("Sarkhet Batal") by Wadi El Safi
* Top 3: انت عمري ("Enta Omri") by Um Kulthum
* Top 3: يا غايب ("Ya Ghayeb") by Fadel Shakir
* Top 3: ولا مره ("Wala Marra") by Melhem Barakat