Mel & Tim
6 Shouts - 100,044 Scrobbles
Chicago soul duo Mel & Tim were cousins — Mel Hardin and Tim McPherson — who actually hailed from Holly Springs, MS, and made their way to Chicago via St. Louis. They were discovered by Gene Chandler and signed to his Bamboo label in 1969, when they scored a Top Ten pop and R&B single with the good-humored classic "Backfield in Motion." The follow-up, "Good Guys Only Win in the Movies," supplied the title for their first album and hit the R&B Top 20 later that year.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Starting All Over Again - (3:50) - 1,958 plays
- Backfield In Motion - (5:30) - 1,090 plays
- Keep The Faith - (3:59) - 352 plays
- Good Guys Only Win In The Movies - (2:44) - 116 plays
- Forever And A Day - (4:44) - 80 plays
- Groovy Situation - 65 plays
- Keep The Fiath - (3:56) - 92 plays
- The Same Folks - (3:24) - 60 plays
- That's The Way I Want To Live My Life - (3:09) - 47 plays
- Yes We Can-Can - (4:15) - 61 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online