0 Shouts - 3,730,177 Scrobbles
There are two artists with the name Meiko:Read More...
1) an American singer/songwriter
2) the first Japanese-language Vocaloid
1) Meiko (pronounced MEE-ko) (born February 25, 1982), is an American singer/ songwriter, born and raised in Roberta, Georgia and currently residing in Los Angeles, California. She independently released a self-titled album on September 1, 2007. All of the tracks from the LP have been featured in major network TV shows. Her second full-length album, entitled The Bright Side, was released through Fantasy Records on May 15, 2012.
Raised by her father in the small town of Roberta, Georgia, Meiko first stepped in front of an audience at the age of eight, singing “White Christmas” for parishioners of a Southern Baptist church. At eighteen, Meiko left her hometown to showcase her talents to a wider audience. After a brief stop in Miami, she set down in Los Angeles and began her career in earnest, playing venues all over Southern California and writing at a prolific pace. She performed (and bartended) at Hollywood's Hotel Café (where she still performs regularly).
Meiko is one-quarter Japanese, on her maternal grandmother's side; in an attempt to get in touch with their Japanese heritage, she and her sister, designer Kelly Nishimoto, adopted the nicknames Meiko and Keiko.
2) The name of the first Japanese-language Vocaloid released by Crypton Future Media, released in 2004. Vocaloid is a singing synthesizer application software developed by the Yamaha Corporation that enables users to synthesize singing by just typing in lyrics and melody. Numbered Crypton Vocaloid 00, Meiko was the first female Vocaloid, counterpart to Kaito. Her voice is based on a Japanese female singer Haigō Meiko (拝郷 メイコ). Her voice is noted to be steady, straightforward, and suitable for any musical genre. She is fit to sing anything from pop, rock, jazz, R&B to children's songs. Since Vocaloid has some functions that Vocaloid 2 do not have, such as Resonance. Different users can utilize the voicebanks offered very differently and she can produce a wide range of different results from the same few voicebanks.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsGive me a reason to fall in love
Take my hand and lets dance
Give me a reason to make me smile
Cause I think I forgot how
I wanna fall asleep with you tonight
- LyricsOne day we'll get out of this shitty apartment
One day, all it takes for things to turn around
All I know is I got you and you got me babe
And when that morning comes, I'll make coffee and you read the paper
we'll talk about our plans and I'll keep saying how lucky we are
- LyricsEvery little thing I do, I do for you
With every little thing, I think a thought of you
And I try so hard not to notice
I try so hard not to care
I try so hard not to know that you're not here
- LyricsNow my eyes are wide open
Now that every thing's been stolen
And I'm here to get it back from you
See, I ain't wasting no more time
Gotta take back what's mine
- LyricsWhen I first met you I knew you were the one
Till you took me home and I met her
She had your boxers on
And she was listening to your song
And I thought right then that you had everything
- Hawaii - 206,484 plays
- Sleep - 176,518 plays
- Said and Done - 169,846 plays
- Heard It All Before - 167,758 plays
- Hiding - 168,026 plays